Top 10 Must-Haves for Achieving a Good Interior Design
Interior design is a great way to transform a space and enrich your lifestyle. Achieving beautiful, impressive and magnificent interiors requires an artistic bent of mind and a tremendous amount of creativity to transform simple spaces into alluring and lavish homes.
You do not need to break the bank for achieving impressive and splendid interiors. You may be surprised to know that incorporating the smallest things can make the greatest impact.
Through this blog, we will familiarize you with the list of Top 10 must-haves for achieving a good interior design.
Top 10 Must-Haves for Achieving a Good Interior Design
We will now bring forth the list of Top 10 must-haves for achieving a good interior design:
- Use Decorative Mirrors to Boost the Ambiance of Your Living Space: Mirrors can be utilized to add depth and dimension to a space and can be utilized to magnify the visual appeal of a space by making a small space appear larger. You can consider magnifying a space by leaning body-length mirrors against different walls or placing mirrors directly across from the windows. Further, another option is to place decorative mirrors in the form of an art to fill up empty wall space. Decking up the space with large or small mirrors help to add dimension to the space and will instantly lighten up the space.
- Adding a Focal Point: One of the effective ways to boost the look and feel of a space and enrich its visual appeal is to add a focal point to the space. Select your star and make it the focal point of your space to capture viewer’s attention. A focal point can be in the form of a dramatic hood in the kitchen or an impressive fireplace or an artistic frame on the wall or a magnificent headboard in the bedroom or an art and mantelpiece in the living room.
You must select an innovative and out-of-the-box item as a focal point that will help boost the visual appeal of the space and make it appear impressive and alluring.
- Mix it up. Mix up Patterns and Textures. Mix up Old and New: An effective way to boost the visual appeal of a space and add variety, vitality, vigor, and zeal to a space it to mix up different patterns, textures, fabrics, materials, shades, designs, etc to enrich its visual appeal and ambiance.
With fabrics whether in the form of furniture, rugs, pillows, blankets, bed sheets, cushions, tablecloths, etc, using varied colors, patterns and designs add warmth, vitality, and energy to the space.
Similarly, using different shades, textures, and patterns in paints, wallpapers, flooring, lighting, accessories, etc is a great way of enriching the visual appeal of a space.
Mixing new and antique accessories is also a great way of enhancing the mood and feel of a space.
- Layer Up Your Lighting: Lighting can greatly enrich the visual appeal of a space and can boost the mood and feel of the space. Lighting from different sources when properly layered and placed holds the potential to make a space alluring, lavish and magnificent. You can consider combining lighting from different sources such as using a combination of accent, ambient and task lighting in different shades, patterns, and designs to boost the ambiance and feel of a space.
It is wise to use different lighting sources such as table and bedside lamps, sconces, fixtures, chandeliers, pendant lights, floor lamps, arc lamps, ceiling accents, built-in accents, etc in striking shades and patterns to boost the visual appeal and mood of a space.
- Add Metals: You can consider decking up your space with metal accessories to add a touch of shimmer and sparkle to your space. It is wise to accessorize up your space with copper lamp stands, bronze statues, brass flower pots, vintage silver pieces, brass tables, gold leaf mirrors, gold picture frames, lamp shades, etc to enrich the visual appeal of the space and boost its mood and feel.
- Deck up your Space with Impressive Pieces of Art: You can consider adding a touch of modernity and lavishness to your space by incorporating impressive artworks that can be in the form of large-size paintings, frames, portraits and eye-catching sculptures.
Another effective way of boosting the visual appeal of your space is to create statement walls by hanging oversized sunburst mirror frames or a sequence of plates or mirrors on the walls.
- Unpainted and Undone Walls/Industrial Style with Bricks: One of the latest and hottest interior design trend is going for an industrial style decor by opting for unpainted walls without plastering that will help impart an impressive, earthy and histrionic look to the space.
The latest interior design trend as per interior experts is to opt for slightly plastered walls with exposed brickwork that will impart a contemporary touch to space and enrich its mood, feel and visual appeal.
- Deck up your Space with Gauzy and Trendy Drapes: You can consider adding a touch of modernity to space and enriching the visual appeal and ambiance of a space by opting for light-colored and semi-transparent blinds and drapes that will both allow enough natural light to creep in while also restrain outsiders from viewing inside.
- Opt Crafted Furniture or Furniture with Clean, Elegant Lines: You must opt for furniture with clean and elegant lines over bulky pieces with overly-rounded armrests, loud patterns, and bulky cushions because furniture should add a sense of comfort and relief to space and should not make it appear crowded.
It is wise to opt for slender and elegant designed couches, chairs and tables. You can also consider decking up your space with antique or crafted furniture featuring intricate woodwork or add Wicker furniture to your space such as Indo-Portuguese box designs, etc that will help add different kinds of personality to the interiors.
- Using Muted and Contrasting Shades: One of the effective ways of enhancing the visual appeal of your space and making your space impressive, outstanding and splendid is to deck up your interiors with muted shades such as grey, millennial pink, dark green, etc.
Further, you can pep up the feel and mood of your space by opting for contrasting colors in the form of bright and dark hues. For instance, you can opt furniture, furnishings, accessories, accent pieces, lighting, etc in shades that have a good contrast with the wall color to achieve a dramatic and striking effect.
- Go Bold with the Flooring: Flooring has the potential to immensely enhance the visual appeal and ambiance of your space. You can consider combining different textures, patterns, styles, and designs to create a chic and impressive look.
Conclusion: We hope that this blog will familiarize you with the Top 10 must-haves for achieving a good interior design.